Monday 5 October 2009

Drawings and Projections





... and those houses, they will never live again.







 I came to London with a keen interest in the cityscape. I have since been working with subject matters that involve urban landscape, social politics and where art fits in for reasons I am still not fully aware of. Perhaps it is this void that lies between visual imagery and reason that makes me increasingly curious of the workings of my urban landscape. At the moment I feel the most important part of my practice is the process that goes behind creating these visuals. Inspired by the idea of constant change and layering I often find myself playing with imagery as if playing with toys (or building blocks). By adding, subtracting and continually changing the form of my visuals, I enjoy creating various settings and dialogues.

1 comment:

  1. One of the most innovative and thought provoking installations. The artist seems to have a good understanding of life and the world in general. This is evident from the way she has used light and shadow into her work from her own observations.

    ReplyDelete